- This event has passed.
Game Changer Biotech Day
September 13, 2022
Take a biotechnology deep-dive during Game Changer Week in Roanoke and Blacksburg. Sessions are happening throughout the day and everything is free.
Register now for events including:
- Biotechnology Panel Discussion with Regional Leaders: Be part of the narrative! Meet the regional, multi-organizational power team that is building out commercialized biotech clusters from the ground up in the Roanoke and New River Valley regions. Hear how innovation, development, technology, and workforce initiatives can come together seamlessly to shape the future and how to sustain the momentum.
- The Building Blocks of Biotechnology: Biotechnology is built upon foundational molecular biology laboratory techniques. Come and join VWCC and a local industry partner for hands on demonstrations of several of those foundational techniques, from pipetting and gel loading to working safely in a biosafety cabinet. No experience necessary!
- The State of Your Health Data: Digital Health technologies are connecting your data, and your devices at a staggering pace. This brings exciting new ways to visualize your health information both to you, and to everyone that can access that information. In this session we’ll discuss how technologies are driving, and being driven by, health data. We’ll discuss the pros and cons of these technologies and how they may impact you.
- Looking 10 Years Ahead — FBRI, Children’s National, and Brain Cancer Research: Keynote talk with Dr. Michael Friedlander of FBRI
- Funding for Early Stage Life Science & Biotech Firms at NIH and Beyond: This session will have an expert speaker present overviews of federal R&D funding available for Life Science/Biotech researchers and companies, as well intro’s to VIPC’s SBIR support and Commonwealth Commercialization Fund ($75K Grants). Finally, a short intro to the Virginia Innovation Commercialization Program (ICAP) that provides high level mentoring and customer discovery services to Virginia’s entrepreneurial community. This session is made available thanks to a Truist Foundation grant, awarded to Verge, and VIPC subject matter experts, who support entrepreneurs with capital finance education and access.
- Human Factors of Biotech: An introduction to Human Factors and its value to innovation design during the product development lifecycle (PDLC)