Get Involved in a Member Community
RBTC offers a variety of events, programs, and opportunities for you to get further integrated into the technology community throughout the Roanoke-Blacksburg region.
- Events and programs (for members and the general public)
- Women in technology (WoTech)
- Blacks in Technology SWVA
- Member communities
- Professional development and networking
- Partner events
RBTC member communities are opportunities for professionals to come together and become more engaged. There are three types of communities members can be a part of, with varying levels of engagement: forums, committees, and peer groups.
Forums are at the most basic level of engagement. They provide an opportunity for professionals with common interests to come together for presentations and discussions. Topic areas are specific and for targeted audiences, such as agile or business development.
RBTC committees are small groups of RBTC members that have a similar mission. Committee members experience even more engagement with the RBTC and its membership. Committees include Talent Development & Recruitment, Entrepreneur Development, and Tech Matters.
The highest level of engagement with the RBTC can be experienced in RBTC peer groups, which are small, invitation-only groups that are moderated by the CEO or paid individuals. There are peer groups for CEOs, CIOs, and higher education and entrepreneurs. For more information on how you can get plugged in with RBTC member communities, contact us.
Benefits for All RBTC Members
- Member Pricing for all RBTC Events
- Member Directory Listing
- Job Board Access
- Internship, Talent, and Leadership Development Program Access
- Group Forums
- Connection with Regional Leaders & Access to Subject Matter Experts
- Tech Leaders Newsletter
- Regional Technology Peer Advisory Groups
- Volunteer & Networking Opportunities
- Sponsorship Opportunities
Apply for Membership
Join the RBTC
Expand Your Network
By joining the RBTC, you will realize incredible opportunities to grow as an entrepreneur and, in turn, become a valued voice for others.