- This event has passed.
RAMP Meet the Cohort
October 12 @ 5:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Please join us on October 12 to meet RAMP’s Fall 2023 Cohort! At this event, we will hear from RAMP Interim Director, Jess Edwards, as she introduces our newest companies as well as RBTC and our Meet the Cohort Sponsor, Virginia Innovation Partnership Corporation (VIPC). The event will begin at 5:00 PM and our speakers will talk briefly at 5:30 PM.
RAMP’s 2023 Fall Cohort:
- Good Foods Group, LLC (Dublin) seeks to manufacture functional foods – bars, shakes, chews and coffee pods – that contain conjugated linoleic acid (CLA), a substance that helps individuals maintain weight, build muscle, and lose fat. CLA currently comes in large capsules that are hard to swallow, leading to low compliance and missing doses.
- LymphaVibe (Roanoke) provides wearable solutions tailored for at-home care of patients with lymphedema. LymphaVibe’s device utilizes motors that provide targeted customized vibration mimicking the techniques used in manual lymphatic drainage massages and can be controlled through an app that offers customization options, enabling clinicians to prescribe personalized treatments to patients as needed.
- MacroVation, LLC (Fairlawn) designs sustainable, innovative biomaterials in promotion of a green, circular bioeconomy, such as additives for commodity plastics that render them biodegradable after use, and 3D printable materials derived from seaweed for the manufacture of medical devices (syringes, laboratory equipment, prosthetic foams, etc.).
- Oak Bioinformatics, LLC (Fairfax) develops software that helps researchers and consumers save time, effort and money in analyzing genomic variants. Consumers are able to know more about themselves with the help of the company’s DNA exploration software.
- Performance Medical Technologies (Charlottesville) is a clinical data science and product development company focused on nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide, or NAD+, a naturally reoccurring coenzyme that plays an essential role in metabolism, mitochondrial functioning, and overall cellular health.
A special thank you to National Bank of Blacksburg for sponsoring our cohort’s membership in the Shenandoah Club.