Technology Training Program – Available through September 30, 2024
You Don’t Want to Miss This Opportunity
Do you work in manufacturing, technology, or healthcare and are looking to advance your career?
Are you an employer that wants your employees to have additional training in their field?
If you answered “yes” to either of those questions, the Greater Roanoke Workforce Development Board and RBTC are working to help you get the training you need to boost your career with a professional certification at no cost.
How It Works
It starts with employment in a technology-related job. From manufacturing to healthcare (and everything in between), you can complete training courses on LinkedIn Learning and then take the test to earn professional certifications. And you can advance your career for free! This program will pay for your license to use LinkedIn Learning as well as certification exams. (You can even earn an additional $250 to celebrate your accomplishment upon successful completion.)
This is a huge benefit for regional technology talent. With prep classes and exams costing as much as $1,000 each; there’s never been a better time to boost your tech resume.
If you live or work in the areas highlighted in the map below, you’re eligible to participate in this program facilitated by the Greater Roanoke Workforce Development Board.
Hundreds of Tech Certifications Available
It’s simple. Choose a certification from Pearson Vue and complete the LinkedIn Learning courses — for FREE. The training and the certification are all paid for. Upon completion of the certification, you will receive $250 CASH for your hard work.
Check out some of the certifications you can work toward:
- AWS Certified Advanced Networking
- AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner
- AWS Certified Developer – Associate Certification
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Professional
- CompTia A+
- CompTia Cloud+
- CompTia CYSA (Cybersecurity Analyst)
- CompTia Network+
- CompTia Security+
- CompTia Project+
- Microsoft Azure Administrator
- Microsoft Certified – Azure Fundamentals
- Project Management Institute – PMP Certification
and many, many more!
How to Apply
- Pick out your certification from the list.
- Gather the necessary documents. This program uses federal funding, so we must verify your right to work in the United States. The two documents that are easiest to use to complete this verification are your Driver’s License and Social Security Card. Please have these documents on hand to upload. All of your information is kept secure and confidential.
- Submit the application online.
- You will be contacted within 48 hours with more information.
This project is funded 100% by a federal award through the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Title I Adult, Dislocated Worker, and/or Youth program to the Greater Roanoke Workforce Development Board. No portion of this program is being funded through non-federal sources.
The Greater Roanoke Workforce Development Board is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Program. Auxiliary aides and services and interpreters are available upon request. TDD-VA Relay:711.
Leah Gibson | EO Officer | email@example.com | 540-613-1559