Verge, part of the RBTC collaborative alliance, is poised to grow significantly this year and in the future with multiple grant proposals and funding requests in the pipeline. The key to our success is largely dependent on the stellar ability of our program management team. We’re currently searching for an experienced director of programs to join our passionate team.
The Director of Programs will work in tandem with the Verge president and in collaboration with the entire Verge team to manage cross-functional projects. The ideal candidate will have a sharp business mind and a proven ability to strategize and implement high-level program initiatives. As a natural-born leader, you will have a strong talent for project coordination and delegation. Ultimately, you are motivated by the desire to optimize productivity and nurture program success from inception to completion. The Director of Programs will work with the team to understand deadlines, stakeholders, and deliverables to create project plans, identify and manage risk and change management while maintaining clear project status at all times.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with team members, project sponsors, stakeholders and other project managers to develop project charters that define project scope, deliverables, resources, budgets and timing.
- Leadership qualifications to include developing, leading, mentoring, and setting goals for each member of his/her team.
- Identify project risks and mitigation plans
- Manage project scope and work with the appropriate project teams to ensure problems are resolved in a timely manner.
- Function as a liaison between coalitions and team members working through challenges and issues as they arise.
- Mentors members of the organization on the principles and practice of project management.
- Work with the appropriate project teams to ensure problems are resolved in a timely manner
- Clearly communicate expectations, milestones, risks, status and changes in scope to team members, coalition members and project sponsors. Track and provide regular status reports on project milestones and key project metrics.
- Complete post-project evaluations to determine how well results were achieved and if adjustments to processes are needed.
- Support reporting and analysis of grant results.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, communications, finance or related field.
- Current PMP certification is preferred.
- Five to eight years of work experience managing strategic cross-functional projects.
- Working knowledge of project management tools.
- Experience in the technology industry desired.
- Grant writing and/or management preferred.
- Ability to manage multiple projects while working under time constraints and rapidly changing priorities.
- Experience working in a fast-paced team-oriented environment.
- Must be highly energetic, self-directed and self-motivated with the ability to multi-task and easily adapt to change.
- Must have excellent communication, leadership, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Must have excellent organization, planning and time management abilities.
- Demonstrated experience leading people and getting results in a matrixed environment
- Ability to think and plan strategically for organizational success.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
Verge is a collaborative strategic alliance established to grow the region’s innovation economy, technology, and life sciences sectors, and the supporting professional communities. It aligns the strengths and programming efforts of the Roanoke-Blacksburg Technology Council (RBTC), the Regional Accelerator and Mentoring Program (RAMP), and Valleys Innovation Council (VIC). Verge serves GO Virginia Region 2 and works to form collaborations with government, business, academia, and other organizations to advance the region and grow a thriving innovation economy.
Email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.