Take a biotechnology deep-dive during Game Changer Week in Roanoke and Blacksburg. Sessions are happening throughout the day and everything is free.
Register now for events including:
- Biotechnology Panel Discussion with Regional Leaders: Be part of the narrative! Meet the regional, multi-organizational power team that is building out commercialized biotech clusters from the ground up in the Roanoke and New River Valley regions. Hear how innovation, development, technology, and workforce initiatives can come together seamlessly to shape the future and how to sustain the momentum.
- The Building Blocks of Biotechnology: Biotechnology is built upon foundational molecular biology laboratory techniques. Come and join VWCC and a local industry partner for hands on demonstrations of several of those foundational techniques, from pipetting and gel loading to working safely in a biosafety cabinet. No experience necessary!
- The State of Your Health Data: Digital Health technologies are connecting your data, and your devices at a staggering pace. This brings exciting new ways to visualize your health information both to you, and to everyone that can access that information. In this session we’ll discuss how technologies are driving, and being driven by, health data. We’ll discuss the pros and cons of these technologies and how they may impact you.
- Looking 10 Years Ahead — FBRI, Children’s National, and Brain Cancer Research: Keynote talk with Dr. Michael Friedlander of FBRI
- Funding for Early Stage Life Science & Biotech Firms at NIH and Beyond: This session will have an expert speaker present overviews of federal R&D funding available for Life Science/Biotech researchers and companies, as well intro’s to VIPC’s SBIR support and Commonwealth Commercialization Fund ($75K Grants). Finally, a short intro to the Virginia Innovation Commercialization Program (ICAP) that provides high level mentoring and customer discovery services to Virginia’s entrepreneurial community.
- Human Factors of Biotech: An introduction to Human Factors and its value to innovation design during the product development lifecycle (PDLC)
Game Changer Week celebrates our innovative ecosystem where you will be inspired by disruptors from all industries, people with ideas, the curious looking to learn or invest, and the brightest talent among us. No matter the career or business stage you will find a catalyst to propel you forward at networking events, with thought leaders in action, and educational opportunities.
The events take place Sept. 13-15 in Roanoke and Blacksburg. Everything is led by your innovation community and events are free to attend. Register, download the app, and create an agenda of can’t miss talks, open houses, and networking events!