Verge, part of the RAMP and RBTC collaborative alliance, is poised to grow significantly with multiple grant proposals and funding requests in the pipeline. The key to our success is largely dependent on the stellar ability of our program administration, development, and management teams.
We’re currently searching for Technology Talent Strategist to join our passionate team. The RBTC is looking for a dynamic team member to help strategize and build programming for attracting and retaining STEM talent for the region’s technology and biotechnology employers in the Roanoke-Blacksburg Region. This position calls for a collaborator who is equally savvy with creating new connections with academic institutions, employers, public and private sector partners, students, and other stakeholders and working closely to support existing regional partners including workforce, economic development and more. This position will require flexibility and adaptability to the region’s challenges and funding opportunities. While there is some foundation for the program, the candidate will be building upon the program and will need to be a creative yet strategic thinker, and a self-motivator who won’t shy away from constructing plans and setting goals.
- Work with RBTC Director to engage with current members and recruit new tech council members, while working to understand each companies’ talent needs.
- Engage with relevant stakeholders, such as academic institutions, employers, business associations, economic development offices, and work-force preparation entities to identify and implement opportunities for enhanced collaboration and information sharing regarding STEM talent assets and needs.
- Determine benchmarks for assessing success of the talent attraction and retention plan and establish data collection processes to monitor progress towards clearly articulated measurable goals.
- Maintain connections with academic departments in the larger region’s colleges and universities that have programs in demand among regional employers, focusing on STEM careers and students.
- Collaborate with and work alongside key regional stakeholders to complement the regional talent efforts through The Roanoke Regional Partnership, economic development, workforce development, and others.
- Share data findings of technology talent needs in the region to influence specialized geo-targeted campaigns, while utilizing cohesive branding from the Verge alliance to creatively influence and drive campaigns.
- Identify and utilize marketing channels that reach audiences such as boomerang talent, college students, remote workers, and others.
- Work with STEM partners on developing a cohesive talent attraction, talent retention, and talent development strategy to strengthen the regional economy.
- Provide public and private employers, partners in local government and workforce development informational tools and resources towards the goals of talent attraction and retention.
- Serve as a part of the regional business resource team involving partners in economic development at the local, state, and regional levels as well as partners in workforce development.
- Identify and engage young professionals who have chosen Roanoke to build a STEM talent ambassador network.
- Shift focus and efforts as STEM talent assets, needs, and funding change.
- Work with regional stakeholders to host talent-focused activations in market and attend regional and statewide events to promote the region’s innovation opportunities.
- Bachelor’s Degree or related experience with talent management and attraction.
- Strong project management skills leading/convening projects with stakeholders.
- Current knowledge of workforce strategies including talent attraction and retention.
- Current knowledge of economic development and business retention and expansion practices.
- In-depth problem solving and creative ability including technology expertise.
- Ability to analyze data and communicate its impact on the local/regional economy.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to think out of the box while forecasting for future, talent mining.
- Ability to summarize problems and to think creatively regarding potential solutions.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable in a non-profit environment.
- Ability to run multiple projects simultaneously.
- Thrives in a collaborative environment.
- Understanding of the mission and goals of the Verge alliance.
The RBTC is a member-driven association working to promote the growth of the Roanoke-Blacksburg technology community. We are the essential business resource for technology entrepreneurs and companies seeking to achieve greater success. Our membership ranges from emerging technology firms to the largest employers in the region. The RBTC is building a community that is a catalyst for innovation, inspiration, success, and leadership within the Roanoke-Blacksburg region. The RBTC works hard at building community for the region’s technology sector through meaningful relationships. We are unifying the region through intentional programing and focus on developing a regional innovation ecosystem. The RBTC operates at the highest levels of integrity, and we are honest, transparent, confidential, and supportive. We are dynamic and bring energy and excitement to everything we do. As thought leaders, we are never content with the status quo and are always looking towards the future. The RBTC strives to always add value in the greater work of building a strong region. We believe our future is a bright one and that our region can be recognized globally for its innovation, entrepreneurship, and talent assets and consistently rank as one of the leading technology hubs in the nation.
APPLY NOW: Email Jackie Lackey, Verge VP